The employing company
European parent group profile
The European group is the leading global premium supplier of technology metals and its alloys with almost 100 years of experience, Its respective Yearend-Sales amount to over 250 € million with roughly 430 Employees worldwide.
The Company in Jiangxi/Shanghai
is well established as a Joint-venture with a majority shareholding of the European parent company. Since the year 2014 its operations generate a sustainable double-digit growth over the years.
The sales turn-over of about EUR 70 million will be double in 5 years.
The position is based in Jiangxi/Shanghai. Currently employing about 120
employees and is reporting to the Board of Directors in China and to CEO Asia in Europe.
The position has the full P&L responsibility for the Business and the two locations in China. The General Director will be based in the Jiangxi Plant; he will also be in charge of the Shanghai office and of the sales business in China and Asia Pacific (APAC).
The ideal candidate is a top Chinese Manager with both technical and
commercial background having a successful track record in working as highlevelled manager in a western Foreign-invested enterprise (FIE) in China, preferentially in the metal processing sector.
- Responsible for whole company management, net profit, Cash Flow of the legal Entity, leads the entity to achieve the defined goals
- Sets targets for different functions involved, Defines, optimizes and coordinates processes within the legal entity
- Support developing service and operations footprint to make optimal use of assets and assure local and support regional competitiveness considering customer localizations in line with Business units strategies
- Ensures effective customer satisfaction, control the progress on a regular basis. Designs, implements and carries out business strategies to achieve sustainable, net profit and Cash Flow targets
- Ensure and enforce local regulatory compliance in all aspects of the business and in line with the group’s policies and regulations
- Ensure that ethical business practices are exercised throughout the organization
- Legal units management – full P&L responsibility for Legal Entity China and sales responsibility APAC (raw material margin)
- Legal unit strategy for product portfolio and service offering in line with the Company goals and strategy
- Develops and implements strategies and action plans to ensure a sustainable profitable business
- Leads, guides, control and motivates local and APAC team and supporting function to achieve business goals
- Commercial, operational and legal responsibility of the legal entity including support functions in line with global functions (Finance, IT and HR etc.)
- Human resources management based on approved budgets (recruitment and termination responsibility)
- University degree in Natural sciences, materials or engineering combined with further education in business administration or vice versa
- Minimum 8-10 years and preferable knowledge and managerial working experience in relevant industry or related markets
- Very good management experience in an international environment
- People Leadership, convincing leader personality with the ability to build and develop effective teams
- Business Leadership: strategic mind-set, result orientation, competent in planning and managing/measuring results. Strong entrepreneurial and goal oriented approach driven by effectiveness and process alignment. Persisting, fostering and entrepreneurial orientation.
- Global team player with the understanding of local, regional and global requirements
- Ability to read & write Chinese & English at a competent business level is a must
- Frequent international and domestic travel required.
- Result orientation, fostering innovation
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Decisive and initiative mind-set
- Strategic thinking
- Excellence in leadership
- Motivator with team spirit
- Hands-on approach
- Self-confident with a solid manager’s standing
- Combined with: Readiness of mind, analytical thinking and flexibility
- Able to act independently and taking over on someone’s own responsibility
- Communicative and sensitive in discussions and negotiations especially with shareholders, department head and subordinates
Please send your application to Mr. Karl Waldkirch