European parent group profile
The European group is the leading global supplier of high-tech surface solutions. Its Year-end-Sales amount to over a billion € with roughly 6.500 employees.
The position has the responsibility for the Business Automotive Solutions and other sectors.
The ideal candidate is a top Chinese Manager with an Engineering background working currently in the automotive business (OEM/TIER) or in an automotive related sector.
The incumbent supports the short and long term success in the Chinese Market for products and services and will collaborate with the company in China President in regards to shared service activities.
He/she supports local initiatives to grow the business in line with the Business strategies – with a sales turn-over of about over € 100 million.
The position is based in Shanghai and in charge of other sites like Changchun and Chengdu, currently employing about 300 employees and is reporting to the respective Division Head.
- Support developing service and operations footprint to make optimal use of assets and assure local and support regional competitiveness considering customer localizations in line with Business units strategies
- Ensures effective customer satisfaction
- Strive for lean, effective and efficient organizations incl. management structures aligned into the global operating model
- Synergies are developed locally with other business’ units
- Support build-up of the Service Centre in China as change agent
- Ensure and enforce local regulatory compliance in all aspects of the business and in line with the group’s policies and regulations
- Ensure that ethical business practices are exercised throughout the organization
- Escalate and inform in case of problems, supports investigation
- Legal units management – Board of Directors, legal and compliance topics
- Legal unit strategy for product portfolio and service offering in line with the global strategy
- Relationship with large OEMs and local authorities in close collaboration with business units’ Management
- Production and related resources (equipment/infrastructure) management as well as facility management responsibility
- Capital investment in accordance with the annual budget of the Businesses and corporate regulations
- Commercial, operational and legal responsibility of the legal entity including support functions in line with global functions (Finance, IT and HR etc.)
- Human resources management based on approved budgets (recruitment and termination responsibility)
- Owner of Export Control process for the legal entity and application of all compliance of the group’s guidelines and processes
- Owner of Quality Management process and certification of legal entity based on business units’ specific requirements
- University degree in mechanical engineering (or natural/material sciences) combined with further education in business administration or vice versa.
- Several years of experience in managing profit centers in the Automotive industry, ideally with a service business model close to surface solutions technology.
- People Leadership, convincing leader personality with the ability to build and develop effective teams.
- Business Leadership: strategic mind-set, marketing and sales orientation, competent in planning and managing/measuring results. Strong entrepreneurial and goal oriented approach driven by effectiveness and process alignment.
- Global team player with the understanding of local, regional and global requirements.
- Experience in Global Account Management. Network with large Chinese companies having international organization.
- Chinese national with open and positive mind-set with a profen track record in international business environment preferably having worked outside China. Strong cross-cultural business attitude, used to operate in a matrix organization with supporting and standard setting global functions.
- Ability to read & write Chinese & English at a competent business level is a must.
- Frequent international and domestic travel required.
The employing company is located in Shanghai.
Please send your application to Mr. Dr. Karl Waldkirch (firstname.lastname@example.org)