For our client we are looking for a Key Account Sales for the machine tool building Industry.
- Key responsibility for the strategic development and management of the sales efforts with defined Key Account Customers in China
- Support the sales group in working efficiently and meeting targets, and provide coaching and training as needed to improve performance.
- Provide leadership to direct reports as well as the overall sales, marketing, service, and customer solution organizations.
- Maintain on-going coordination with the Key Account Manager.
- Maintain on-going coordination with the leadership at headquarters regarding conditions of key accounts, basic contracts, dealer development, sales activities, marketing efforts, service activities and technical requirements.
- Establish and implement long-term strategy and annual sales plans in cooperation with parent company, establish, organize and manage internal business processes.
- Maintain existing key-accounts and further develop sales and sales channels into Automotive customers and defined other industries.
- Continually observe market trends and initiate innovation or applications to further develop sales.
- Establish a well-run key account sales organization through leadership, motivation, and continuous development of employees.
- Increase and maintain the group’s existing network in conjunction with China and German headquarters, and support necessary processes to grow the group’s chinese business.
- Development of strategies for customer acquisition and support
- Responsibility for a highest possible and economic market exploitation (revenue, gross margin)
- Recognition of market and product trends and deduction of according measures
- Regular direct customer contact (> 80% of working hours)
- Implementation of the company-own strategy in the market
Tasks in detail:
- Calculate, know and develop potentials on location level
- Create and carry out customer specific concepts and measures
- Annual planning (budget, measures, objectives, etc.)
- Negotiate prices, close deals
- Negotiate frame contracts
- Acquire new customers
- Prepare and track tenders in cooperation with internal sales
- Maintain relationship to contacts and (top) managers
- Customer retention via several ways (products, services, seminars, events, trade fairs, etc.)
- Market research: track corporate structures (acquisitions and sale) with adaption of commercial consequences
- Competitor analysis, determine weaknesses and derive specific measures
- Reporting, ensure regular information
- Close cooperation with Key Account Management-Team (KAM) and Internal Sales
- Customer projects in logistics, services etc.
- Education: B.S. / B.A. degree in a business or technical field, with advanced (M.S.) or MBA beneficial but not required.
- Work Status: Chinese or non-Chinese with residency.
- Language(s): Chinese language skills, English is required, German, beneficial but not required.
- Solid commercial skills, with experience dealing with complex customer contract negotiations.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with ability to analyze and improve sales processes, as well as the ability to effectively communicate goals to staff.
- Clear ability to develop and implement strategies, including skills in developing proper monitoring and performance measurement tools.
- Experience with managing sales teams, with background maintaining and expanding sales networks highly desired.
- Experience ideally within a machine tool company or other firm employing high-quality machine tool equipment.
- Demonstrated strong sales leadership capability with proven growth results.
- Practical experience in sales of capital equipment or machine tools desirable.
- Metal-cutting and machine tool experience is required.
- Experience working for a German or European-based company beneficial.
The employing company is located in Jiangsu Province.
Please send your application to Mr. Dr. Karl Waldkirch (firstname.lastname@example.org)